In order to obtain visa for travel to Uzbekistan, following documents must be submitted:
1. A printout of completed Visa Application form. Please, answer all questions and provide all necessary information. Incorrect or wrongful information will result in visa being declined.
2. Original passport (not a photo copy).
3. One photo of passport size.
4. Visa Fee for US Citizens: - US $ 160.00
Visa processing time is 10 working days. For 5 working days processing visa fee increases by 50 percent - $ 240.00. Only postal money orders or certified company checks accepted. In case of rejection payments are non-refundable.
Because of the recent changes in bank’s requirements, effective from June 20, 2011 all payments from outside the United States should be made in USD and by international banking money orders. Foreign postal money orders will not be accepted. Examples here.
If you wish to send documents for processing by mail, please enclose a self-addressed return envelope of one of the following postage services: FedEx, Priority and Express Mail. Using other envelopes may delay the correspondence. Please be advised that the Consulate does not send documents via U.S. Certified Mail, U.S. Registered Mail, DHL, Airborne Express and PuroLetter of Canada.
The address of the Consulate General of Uzbekistan is:
801 Second Ave
New York, NY 10017
Depending on the place of residence applicants should submit their documents either to Uzbekistan Consulate General in New York or to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Uzbekistan in Washington, D.C. To learn to which office you have to apply, click here
Visa Application form, which can be downloaded now, is the same for all types of entry and transit visas.
1. Fee for all types of visas for US citizens as of July 19, 2010:
- regular processing - $160
- expedited processing - $240